1. Come early. You will get the best selection of beers on Thursday or Friday afternoon. There may be short queues for admission at peak times and by Saturday evening a number of our beers will have sold out.
2. Check out the website in advance – the beer lists will be published about a week before the festival starts, so you can plan what you would like to try. You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook to get more details in advance.
3. Remember to check out our themed bar in the adjacent Walker Hall. Our Cider and Wine Bar is also located there. And new for 2022, there will be a Gin Bar in the Walker Hall for any non-beer drinking partners or friends.
3. Our staff are all volunteers and are real ale or cider enthusiasts. Be courteous, try asking for their recommendations and you should quickly find a beer that you enjoy.
4. Pace yourself. Drink thirds or halves so you can try more different beers. Remember that you can come back in to the festival for free by bringing your glass back. There is no need to try everything in one session!
5. Drink plenty of water which is freely available. And try a famous Kilmarnock Pie (unless you’re vegetarian!).
6. Become a member of CAMRA, and you may win two nights’ B&B for two at the Fisherman’s Tavern in Broughty Ferry. Plus there’s tons of other fab benefits.
7. Pick up a memento of your visit from our products stall at the CAMRA Hub. We usually have a wide selection of CAMRA products, t-shirts, pens, locally made beer-infused toffee and much more.
8. Bring your friends, even if they don’t normally drink real ale or cider. We think that most people will enjoy the atmosphere and find something new that they really love. Unfortunately we’re not dog-friendly, but we do allow assistance dogs.
10. Vote for your favourite Beer of the Festival – discuss the beers with your friends.
11. Give a donation to our festival charity, the Ayrshire Hospice.
12. Have Fun.