1. Come early. You will get the best selection of beers on Thursday afternoon. As you’d expect, there may be short queues at peak times and by Saturday evening a large number of our beers will have sold out.
2. Check out the website in advance, there will be details of the beer list online, so you can plan what you would like to try. You can also follow us on Twitter or Facebook to get more details in advance.
3. Remember to check out our second bar in the adjacent Walker Hall. Our Cider and Wine Bar is also located there this year.
3. Our staff are all volunteers and are real ale or cider enthusiasts. Be courteous, try asking for their recommendations. You are unlikely to be disappointed.
4. Pace yourself. Drink thirds or halves so you can try more different beers. Remember that you can come back in to the festival for free by bringing your glass back. There is no need to try everything in one session!
5. Drink plenty of water, which is freely available. And try a Kilmarnock Pie (unless you’re vegetarian!).
6. Become a member of CAMRA, and you may win two nights’ B&B for two at the Clachan Inn, St John’s Town of Dalry. Plus there’s tons of other fab benefits.
7. Pick up a memento of your visit from our products stall. We will have a wide selection of CAMRA products, t-shirts, pens, locally made beer-infused toffee and much more.
8. Bring your friends, even if they don’t normally drink real ale or cider. We think that most people will enjoy the atmosphere and find something new that they really love. Unfortunately we’re not dog-friendly, but we do allow assistance dogs.
10. Vote for your favourite Beer of the Festival – discuss the beers with your friends.
11. Give a donation to our festival charity, Galloway Mountain Rescue Team.
12. Have Fun.